Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Evening Thoughts

I'm sitting here in my hotel room on Sunday night.  My class finished up on Friday afternoon.  I thought it was very well done, with some exceptionally good sections and a few that we could have done without.  All in all, I came away with a good feeling for my new job.

After class, I headed out to Annapolis to stay with some old friends.  I've known Tim for about 17 years now.  Doesn't seem like that long, but I just counted up the years on my fingers and it's true.  And even though Tim is extremely politically conservative, he's still a great guy and we get along great.  He and his beautiful wife Caprice opened up their home to me.  We hung out, ate some great food, went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival, watched the Bristol NASCAR race, and had a great time.

Today, I headed over to visit some other old friends and mooch a dinner off them.  I've known John and Alexis even longer, about 24 years.  Damn, I'm old.  It's always great to play catch-up with people you've known a long time.  We played "whatever happened to ... " and "remember that time you ...".  Lots of fun.  And as with Tim and Caprice, lots of good food.  

Tomorrow I start the "crash and bang" class.  I'm looking forward to it.  More details later!

No comments:

Post a Comment