Friday, January 15, 2010

R&R Time

These past several days have been a whirlwind. I'm heading out on R&R in the morning, so I've been busting my butt trying to get everything taken care of before I go. When I scheduled this break, I thought that I'd have a bunch of contracts that would be out for bids, so it would be a quiet time. Of course, that didn't happen: I have one that's almost out, three others that are in preparation, and a couple of others that need some major policy decisions before they can move any further. But that's okay: I have little to do with the contract preparation at this stage, and the policy decisions can be done without me, so I'm getting on that plane tomorrow.

So it's been a busy few days. Had to get as much done with all these projects as possible and tee up some decisions for the bosses while giving them as much information as possible. And the lady that's covering these projects for the next couple of weeks had to be brought up to speed on what's happening. Done, and done.

Everybody has been asking me about what my plans are for when I'm home. Very little, actually. Late January is not exactly prime vacation time in the mountains of North Carolina. But I don't need a lot of exciting diversions. I just want to spend some time at home with Janis and the dogs. Lay on the couch with a beer and watch the Chargers kick some butt. Have dinner with friends - at a restaurant, our house, or their house, doesn't matter. Spend a little bit of time in the studio. Go see Avatar. That's pretty much it. I don't need excitement, I need family and friends and dogs.

And now it's off to bed. Got a very early morning tomorrow - have to go brief the boss on my proposed realignment of my programs, then climb in the van and head to the airport. Asheville, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Avatar really is a great movie :) I went to see it never having heard of it before, had no idea what it was about, but it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete