Friday, December 20, 2019

Life Drawing, Short Poses

I run a life drawing session in my studio once a week.  It's geared towards painters and others who want a long pose.  I hadn't been to a session with short(er) poses in a long time, but the other night, the Blue Spiral gallery hosted one.  As it turns out, I had a great time.  It was fun to just use a pencil and paper, work fast, and let it flow.  When things are really flowing, it's wonderful.  And my drawings were working.  So here are a few of the images.  Click on them for larger versions.

 These were quick, 1-minute sketches.

 This was longer, maybe 2 minutes.

 Another 2-minute sketch.

 A 5-minute one. 

 Turns out, the other artists made great models, too!

Portrait study of one of the models ...

And a portrait study of the other.

So now I'm thinking of running maybe one session a month in my studio of just short poses.  Could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment