Monday, October 11, 2021

Latest Wedding Painting

 

Morgan and Major

My most recently finished wedding painting is about to go to the clients.  Morgan (the bride) and Major (the groom) were married at the Biltmore and had their reception under a huge tent on the side terrace of the big house.  They wanted their painting to show their first dance and some key family members.  

This painting was a bit of a challenge, primarily due to the size of the painting.  It's the largest wedding painting I've done at 36"x48".  That let me do some things differently and I took advantage of it.  As a result, I wound up doing much more to it than normally, simply because I could, and that was fun.  It also meant that it took two months to finish it up.  Okay, so about two weeks of that time was spent on vacation in Massachusetts, but still ...  So click on the image to see a larger version of it and tell me what you think.

Now I need to get it to the couple, along with their notecards with the image of the painting printed on the front.  I'm looking to do that later this week.  Meanwhile, I've got another commission underway in the studio, another of my own paintings underway, and I need to do another couple of paintings for the upcoming show in the spring.  Oh, and I need to come up with a title for the show.  Oh, and I need to finish up the current round of yardwork to keep my spousal unit happy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment