Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sema's Shadow

 "Sema's Shadow" is a new figurative artwork that I recently finished.  It's in charcoal and pastel on toned paper, size 25"x19".  I thought I'd share a bit of background on how it developed.



This started as a drawing from one of our life sessions. It was an okay drawing but that's about it. Not much life to it and it was a standard life drawing pose. I wanted to see if I could take it up a few notches, giving it character and more interest. So I began drawing over it, covering things, erasing things, but keeping the same basic pose. I wanted it to be more evocative and less descriptive. After working on it intermittently for several weeks, in between other works, here's how it turned out:


So what do you think? Is it better? Worse? Neither, just different?


#figurativeart #figuredrawing #artistmodel #lifedrawing #charcoaldrawing #pastelfiguredrawing #contemporaryfigurativeart #ashevilleartist #ashevilleart #skiprohde

No comments:

Post a Comment