Friday, September 19, 2008

Psst ... Wanna See some Pictures?

I haven't been able to take many pictures while here ... maybe a couple and that's it.  For one, I haven't had time to go wander around with my camera.  For another, my camera is rather large (a faux-SLR) and some security guards tend to focus in on large cameras.  "Not allowed!"  

There is a website, though, that has a great description of life in the Baghdad Embassy.  It's called "Baghdad Anne: My One Year In Iraq".  It was written by a State Department employee who was here in the 2006-2007 timeframe.  Anne has some great photos and information about the Palace that we work in, plus a lot of discussion about what life here is like.  It's still pretty accurate.  One thing about life in the International Zone is that things change constantly, and so some of the things she wrote about have changed and some of the things she took pictures of don't look like that any more.  There's a new person who has taken up the challenge of keeping that website up to date.  He arrived here about a month before I did and he's written a few entries.  So if you want to see some pictures of our place and read a bit more about it, go see the Baghdad Anne site.

1 comment:

  1. OOO, I love it when a great blogger seems to like my blog. Glad to see your comments on life in the Sandbox as it is now! Best regards from DC, Baghdad ANne

    ReplyDelete