Thursday, February 28, 2008

SellOut Is Gone

I just deleted the link to the SellOut blog. Had to. After only a couple of months online, Deborah Fisher, the owner, closed it down. SellOut was a blog about the business side of being a fine artist. There were a lot of really good discussions on there, and I liked the fact that it was oriented towards those of us creating artworks because we have to, not because they sell. Evidently a lot of artists felt that way, because readership and input took off. Deborah went from being an artist with a business blog on the side to being a blogger who couldn't keep up with all the traffic. So, to keep her sanity, she closed it down.

Good for her. Sad for the rest of us. I'll miss SellOut. But I'd do the same thing if I were in her shoes. And since almost nobody reads this blog, I don't have to worry about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment