Saturday, August 30, 2008

Home Again

It's good to be HOME again.  The drive from Washington to Mars Hill last night went well.  There was a bit of a backup leaving Washington, but it really wasn't too bad, and it cleared up around Manassas.  After that it was 70-75 the whole way.  I left at 3:30 and arrived home at 11:30.

The dogs were funny.  They were in a kinda "Is it really Daddy?" mode, excited and unbelieving at the same time.  Soozee adjusted pretty quickly and brought me the Dreaded Puppet (her favorite toy) almost as soon as I sat down.  Daddy's home, it's playtime!  Indy, though, was really bent out of shape.  I've read that if their humans go away for any period of time, dogs think they're dead.  Evidently that happened with Indy, only here I was again, and she didn't know what to make of it.  Kinda like, "it's ALIIIVVE!  BWAAA-hahahahaaaa!"  She kept her distance.  Today, though, things are approaching normal.  I took 'em for a walk this morning and she seems to have adjusted to me being back.

Janis is happy, too.  She's a clean freak, and with my absence for 2 1/2 weeks, she's got this house spotless.  Actually, she's kinda moving me out, too, which is an odd feeling.  Just little things - she took my cappuccino machine off the counter, for instance, since she doesn't use it, and moved in something she does use.  And she took over both sinks in the bathroom.  

So now I'm home and it looks like an explosion in a clothing factory.  I've got stuff everywhere.  Clothes, books, camera, computer stuff, laundry, suitcases, you name it.  I'm PigPen to her Lucy.

So now to go take care of some things around here, do some relaxing, and get ready to get on the airplane.  Lots to do and never enough time to do it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment